Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Rough Draft Done!

My first young adult novel is written!  I stayed up late Sunday night, and was SO CLOSE to finishing, but just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.  Finished it the next afternoon, and am still basking in the glorious feeling of completion...until I start editing, of course.  But I'm taking a break for Christmas.  So far, the book's a little over 60,000 words, and I'm really excited at how it's turning out.  It's such an amazing feeling!  To have this thing that's been clawing to get out of me for months now finally be out in pixels.  Having been through both events now, I can see why people liken writing a book to birthing a child.  Only with fewer bodily fluids.  And less audible grunting.  And you don't have to go to the hospital.  But you get the idea.

5 comments:

  1. But sometimes with a longer gestation period... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! There's no feeling like finishing a book. Such accomplishment. But then comes the realization that you need to edit!

    I hope your new year had started well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Edits take longer than the writing for me! But hopefully just another month. (Of course, I keep saying that.)

      Delete
    2. I believe in you!!! Grind through!

      Delete